My name is Lauren.
[photo by Margaret Jacobsen Photography]
This is my family.
[Photo by e[a] Photography Studios]
This is my husband/best friend - Craig.
This is our baby daughter - Fern.
And this is our first baby/Fern's BFF - Marley.
Here are 25 things you might want to know about us/me:
1. Craig and I are high school sweethearts who have been together for 10 years and counting.
2. We live in Portland Oregon in a house with a forest for a backyard.
3. Our house is a major fixer upper. Good thing my husband is super handy.
4. Our baby is named Fern Winter. Her first name was my great grandmother's name and her middle name was chosen because she was born during the first snowfall of the year.
5. Having a baby turned me into a bit of a "hippie". I had Fern via a drug-free, out-of-hospital water birth (you can read my birth story HERE) and since then I try to explore new ways of doing things (i.e. homeopathic remedies, Montessori floor beds, etc., etc...)
6. Our German Shepherd Marley is not named after the book, the movie or the reggae musician.
8. I am also a freelance wardrobe/prop stylist.
9. I love Jesus and people. I promise not to preach at you though.
10. Dressing up my baby in cute little outfits is kind of my new hobby.
11. I have a secret love for gangster rap.
12. I'm half Mexican, but I can't speak Spanish even though my mom does. #FAIL.
13. Even though it's totally "un-Portland" of us, we love TV over here. My favorites are "Parks & Rec" and "Walking Dead" even though I'm generally not a zombie fan.
14. I used to be a baby-hater, but having my own baby converted me. Now I kind of like them.
15. Speaking of babies...mine doesn't like to sleep. If you're in my boat, feel free to commiserate with me via e-mail.
16. I'm mildly addicted to social media...particularly Instagram, but you can find me updating regularly via Twitter, Facebook and the worm hole that is Pinterest.
17. I like the idea of being crafty, but I'm not really very crafty in actuality. I would say I'm fairly creative, but it usually stems from laziness and trying to figure out how to cut corners, so anytime you see a DIY project on here, you can rest assured it is approved for even the most craft-challenged of you.
18. I have a terrible sweet tooth and I'm pretty sure I passed it on to my baby. She only likes fruit. Ooops!
19. I sometimes go off on sarcastic rants.
20. I hate politics. Can't we all just get along?
21. A few of my favorite things are: sparkling white wine, dark chocolate, magazines, cozy blankets and coffee dates.
22. I love dressing up: silly, fancy or otherwise. It's the thing I miss most about college.
23. When I was a kid I wanted to change my name to Zooey.
24. I love lists...obviously.
25. I enjoy connecting with all of you lovely readers! Blogging has opened up such a fun community of new friends for me!
I like pretty things, funny things and a million other little things.
This blog is all about
the little things we do....